Joomla! in Munchen - http://www.flickr.com
Joomla Day 2012 - What Are You Waiting for?
Recently, a guy - my roommate kept saying about Joomla over and over again until I got sick of it. However, I'm a little curious about this kind of thing. What the heck is it, anyway? Why do people take so much care of it? Then I do some Google search and finally find this: Joomla Day 2012 event - sounds interesting, huh?
What Is Called Joomla Day?
Joomla Day actually is occasion when Joomla users (including those who are newbies as well as addicts) gather together to spread the word about Joomla and share their passion for it.
Every year, Joomla Day event is hold in different places or nations and there's only one Joomla Day at a time in a specific location. So it's very exciting for Joomla users to prepare for this event in their local area.
From day to day in this event, you will experience different environment of making new friends, broadening your knowledge, updating new tracks, themes of Joomla community and especially beer (the funniest part, I think).
Why Joomla Day?
Though it sounds interesting to attend this event and as one of Joomla community user has said: If you've never attended a Joomla Day, you are missing out on great fun! Honestly speaking, I find no motivation to ever think of coming to this event. What benefits this event is going to bring to me and my life? Big question, isn't it? And I know, if you are just like me, you are wondering the same.
Here are what I have come so far after my deeper Google search:
- As you may already know, Joomla is a free and open source content management system for publishing content on the World Wide Web, building directories, intranets, social networks, shopping carts and so much more. Due to its convenience and easy-to-use solution, more and more users are using it and getting benefits from it. Why don't we take this event as an opportunity to know more about it?
- You are updated of new templates, extensions or even trainings from Joomla experts if you are beginner or experienced Joomla developers who are finding ways to improve your skills and knowledge on Joomla.
- In Joomla Day event, you and I have chances to meet Joomla experts and gurus who can share with us their expertise as well as hands-on experiences on how they can make the most out of Joomla for their career and as a result, bring benefits to their clients.
- There will be tips and tricks on how to optimize our websites in terms of Search Engine Optimization, internet marketing, to name a few - only with our basic knowledge of Joomla.
- We also have opportunities to meet with experienced Joomla developers who can be our valuable asset in the future if we are in search of some awesome guys to do the programming or web designing for our websites. (Who can tell, right?)
What Do People Do at Joomla Day?
Of courses, they eat, live and talk all the things about Joomla and how it works at Joomla Day. This is also an important event for Joomla beginner developers to learn from the experienced experts. For such an open source language like this, user community plays such a vital role in its development. And Joomla Day event is doing just that.
Let's see what Joomla community users are doing in the upcoming event 2012:
- Joomla Day Bangkok (February 25, 2012 - Bangkok, Thailand): Joomla experts from all corners of the world are going to speak in this event including Sam Moffatt, Mark Dexter, Akarawuth Tamrareang, Peter Martin and the list goes on.
- Joomla Day Guatemala (February 29 - March 3, 2012 - Guatemala City, Guatemala): Adrian Catalan, Camilo Fernandez, Mauricio Romero, Ivan Castro Pena among other Joomla experts will be your speakers.
- Joomla Day France (March 24, 2012 - Strasbourg, France)
- Joomla Day New England (March 31, 2012 - Marlboro College Graduate School): You get a chance to meet Andy Tarr and Jen Kramer offering a semi-beginner track for those who are new to Joomla with a background in web development. The good news is if you are a Joomla expert or guru, they are in search for a speaker like you - they lack 2 out of 4 speakers for this event.
- Joomla Day Iran (April 12, 2012 - Mashhad, Iran): Persian Joomla community users will welcome the Joomla Day Iran and meet some of the Joomla experts and moderators. This is an ideal opportunity to learn from the most knowledgeable speakers through speakings, presentations and workshops. In addition, it is one surprise after another when you meet a special speaker through Skype conference - Mohsen Firoozmand expert (leader of Joomla Farsi team).
- Joomla Day Togo (June 14, 2012 - Assahoun, Togo)
- Joomla Day Mexico (June 22-23, 2012 - Mexico City, Mexico)
- Joomla Day Brasil (September 07-08, 2012 - Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brasil)
- Joomla Day West (TBA - San Jose, California, USA)
Save your dates of Joomla Day 2012 event in your region and book your seat right away before it's filled up. You can see more details about this event held by your local community here: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla!Days
Are You Welcomed to Joomla Day?
Joomla Day event is open for just everyone, from Joomla developers or users of all kind to anyone as long as they have a craving for knowledge and sharing attitude.
Whatever to say, Joomla Day 2012 event is around the corner and is promising to bring you new chances of career advance. What are you waiting for? Come and register for this event now! http://events.joomla.org/joomladays.
And we love feedback, it's more than happy to hear from you guys who come back from attending the event in this year 2012 at your local community! Share with us in the comment section below.