A complete Joomla website on live for less than $15 – That’s easy
There should be many factors which limit your budget for building a website, right? You might be a small business owner, you have financial difficulties, you don’t want to pay a lot for just a personal site, etc. You need a reasonable solution. This article will guide you to have a beautiful responsive website with $15 or less. Every people can have a Joomla website easily. Let me tell you how to do that right now.
Firstly, you can have a look at the checklist for building a website here:
- Joomla template
- Joomla extensions
Now, let’s go into details, with step-by-step instructions.
1. Get a domain - $3
Domain is very important. You should keep it short and easy to remember. There are many domain services. The most popular names are Godaddy.com and Namecheap.com. Normally the domain will cost you about $10.
But do you know that you don’t need to pay $10, you can get it at very cheap price: $0.99 or $1.99. With all fee included, the final price should be around $2.14/domain/year. The secret is Godaddy and Namecheap always provide special discount code.
- Just search on Google, you can find available coupon codes to use.
- There’s a limitation for each coupon so you may try some codes to get the active one.
- If you can’t find an active one at that time, just be patient and wait for few days, the new code can be shared.
2. Purchase a hosting service - $11
You also can find some free hosting services but they are only suitable if you are building a website for fun. If you want a fast and less-down-time website but with a low budget, you should use shared hosting.
- Namecheap offers a very attractive price for their hosting service: only $9.88/year. You can host 3 sites with an account.
- Another cheap hosting service is Blue Lemon host. They offer a special hosting package: $10.99/year. Its limitation is only 2 sites hosted in 1 plan but unlimited email account.
3. Install the suitable Joomla template – Free download
The template has a great impact on your visitor’s decision. Please pay serious attention on the website interface. You should choose the template which has the beautiful design which suit your purpose and it should be responsive. Below are some useful sources for your choice:
JoomlaShine has just released an awesome premium multipurpose Joomla template for Free. With 6 homepage layouts, it can suit perfectly any of your project. It might be the best free Joomla template in the current market.
4. Install the extensions to power website – Free download
You should check the list of all must-have free Joomla extensions for any website. After that, depend on your demand, you can list down some important Joomla extensions to use. The best place for you to pick a Joomla extensions is Joomla extensions directory.
Of course, almost free Joomla extensions can’t have powerful features as Premium extensions but they can still take care the most basic features of your website. In some cases, that’s all you need. To help you save the time on finding suitable extensions, here are some useful free extensions for popular niche websites:
- Ecommerce: Virtuemart, Digistore, Hikashop…
- Portfolio: JSN EasySlider, Ozio Gallery…
- Community: Community builder, Kunena…
- Event: jEvents, Event gallery, iCagenda
- News/blog: K2, Global news…
So, total price for a website is only $14. This is my real experience and I’d love to share it with you. Did I miss anything? Or do you have any idea that want to share? Feel free to leave the comment below. And don’t forget to share it to your friends if you think it’s useful.
→ Don't forget to Subscribe to our newsletter for more Joomla tips and tutorials!←