How to Choose the Best Joomla Template for Your Website?
Joomla website templates can help you create a website easily — even if you don't have design skills, time or a huge budget. They can save you time, effort and money. But with thousands of Joomla website templates to choose from, you might be confused about how to choose the perfect Joomla website template for your website?
As you consider different Joomla website templates, you must be clear about your website goals. Once you know what you want to say and what you want visitors to do, you're ready to choose the template and create a website!
Today, I will help you find your answer through some easy steps with simple questions. If you focus your goals, you can make an informed decision before creating a website.
1. WHAT TYPE OF WEBSITE DO YOU WANT TO BUILD?
Joomla Website templates determine a site's structure, look and feel. Are you creating a single page? Do you need a responsive website? Or, do you want to open an e-commerce website which requires a catalogue of thousands of product images? If you are a freelancer or working at and agency, so you need to build a portfolio website? While figuring out what kind of site you need, there are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Decide what kind of color scheme you need to match your brand
- What template genre are you going for?
- Take a closer look at what similar industry websites are doing.
- Before you decide if a template is the right one for you, dig into it a little.
So the first thing is you have to know what your objectives are when running a website and choose the types that will meet your needs.
2. WHAT LAYOUT FITS YOUR NEEDS?
The layout determines how the information will be structured when you create a website. The key to using Joomla design templates is choosing the one that works exactly as you need and want without making too many changes. Determining what you need will help you when you demo some of these templates. One distinction that it helps to know is that a lot of functionality with templates has been moved to their underlying framework. Look at the structure of the home page and the interior pages when you create a website. Will you include graphics, tables, and links? Do you like the navigation bar at the top or to the side? These are your choices.
3. WHAT ABOUT THE PRICE OF THE TEMPLATE?
After choosing the perfect Joomla website template which meets your needs, the layout works exactly what you want, so what about the next step? Check the template pricing.
There's not one simple way to understand pricing with template companies. Some offer unlimited templates for a flat monthly rate, some charge a yearly rate for a set number of templates, and some charge you a one-time fee. To help with your search you can start by asking yourself a couple of questions:
- Am I going to need long-term upgrades, support, or a new template from the same company? - This determines the subscription length you can plan for.
- Am I hi-tech enough to handle template issues if they arise? - Helps you decide if you need technical support.
- Am I going to need more than just a template? Maybe an extension or added functionality? - Choose whether you can make your website with just a template or if you will need added functionality.
- How much does my budget allow me to spend? - This could be the easiest way to decide on a template. If you have to be under a certain budget, then your choices will narrow down.
4. WILL CUSTOMER SUPPORT BE THERE TO HELP?
The final step is you should check the after-sales service - the last but also the most important one.
No matter how "simple to use" or "easy to update", website templates must be supported by an expert you can talk to if you run into any problems. 24/7 support is invaluable when you create a website – if you've been up all night in a marathon effort to get your Joomla website up and running, it can be crushing to find you've skipped a simple step and can't publish online. Make sure you can reach someone via phone, email or online chat so that you really can get your website uploaded "in an instant", any time of the day or night.
The right template for your site is the one that will give you a great look and include all the features you need so that you can concentrate on what you add to your website rather than making it work. I hope after reading this article, you can find a Joomla website template that perfectly meets your website’s needs. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to contact us using the box below.