GDPR: How does JoomlaShine Approach This Regulation?
As you probably already know, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has just come into effect from May 25th, 2018. Also, Joomla 3.9 has a specific feature to support the regulation.
Therefore, JoomlaShine is committed to transparency, control, and accountability. We have been working on GDPR for months and firmly believe that JoomlaShine is GDPR compliant.
This blog post is meant to highlight the key principles of GDPR and our approach to making ourselves and helping our customers to become GDPR compliant.
What is GDPR Compliance?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an EU-wide regulation for the protection of European citizens’ data that comes into force on 25th of May 2018 and all companies that collect such data will need to comply with it. It establishes a set of compliance and security processes around managing personally identifiable information so that it is not misused. Currently, there is no certification or license required or available for GDPR.
What did we do to become GDPR compliant?
JoomlaShine has been working towards becoming compliant for many months and here is what has been done.
At company level
- Updated internal guideline to raise awareness through the company
At product level
- Added section "Privacy" in product settings for users to opt-out and exercise their data rights
- Added checkbox asking consent before sending out reviewed and simplified analytic data
- Improved "Cookie Consent" in JSN SunFramework feature to allow run script after visitor gave consent
At website level
- Added new section "Privacy" in Customer Area for users to opt-out exercise their data rights
- Added checkbox asking consent before sending out form data
- Improved "Cookie Consent" feature that would run data collection only after consent is given
The future is bright
We personally see GDPR as a great opportunity for us to strengthen our policy and the way we can serve you better. The future is bright!