What information, how and when do we collect
We collect information about you when you:
- Create an account on our website
- Communicate with us via contact form
- Register your copy of the product from the website it's being used
We also collect information, such as usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and similar technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide when you create an account, communicate with us via contact form or interacting in support forum.
The types of information that we may collect include your name, username, password, email address, postal address, phone number, photos, survey responses, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, tax information, support queries, forum comments and any other information that you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Service, including the type of browser that you use; the time, duration and frequency of your access; pages viewed; your IP address; and the page you visited before visiting our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device that you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you use our Services based on your consent to the collection of this information.
Why do we need and how do we use your information
We use information about you to:
- Operate, improve, promote, and protect our Services;
- Communicate with you; and
- Personalize content.
Operating our Services
We may use information about you for various purposes related to operating our Services, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including to process transactions, develop new products and services, and manage the performance of our Services;
- Display information about you, for instance, your list of forum topics, which will be visible on your profile;
- Personalize the Services, for example, to suggest content in which we think you may be interested;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Perform accounting and administrative tasks, and enforce or manage legal claims.
- Training JoomlaShine staff about how to best serve our user community;
Communicating With You
We may use information about you for various purposes related to communicating with you, including to:
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you, in accordance with your account settings, about products, services, and events offered by us and others, to provide news and information that we think will be of interest to you, to conduct online surveys, etc.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, and administrative messages.
We may use information about you for various advertising activities that match your profiles or interests;
Sharing your information
We may disclose information about you:
- To members or social media services, subject to the choices you may make via the Services;
- To our third-party service providers who help us to operate or improve our Services;
- To authorities to comply with legal obligations and to protect and defend our rights and property;
Keeping your information
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers.
Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
We have redesigned our organizational structure to minimize amount of personnel who have access to our user’s data.
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal information or to provide you with the Services, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your JoomlaShine account.
- You can review and change information about you or deactivate your account in your account settings, but we may retain certain information.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving JoomlaShine’s promotional messages, but you may still receive other non-promotional communications.
- You may have the right to exercise your data protection rights, including to request that JoomlaShine deletes, amends, or provides you access to your information.
You may update or correct your account information by editing your account settings or by sending a request to email@example.com as described in Section 6. You may also deactivate your account by editing your account settings or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you use the Services, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account.
Occasionally, we will use third party advertising companies to serve ads based on prior visits to our Services. For example, if you visit our websites, you may later see an add for our products and services when you visit a different website.
You can control messages that you receive from JoomlaShine, other members, and third parties by selecting the unsubscribe link in the message that you receive, or by adjusting the communication preferences in your account settings. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Other Data Rights
Data rights that you may have, depending on the country in which you live, include:
- Objecting to processing of your information, asking us to restrict processing of your information, or requesting the portability of your information.
- Withdrawing your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your information with your consent. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing that we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Complaining to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Union are available here.
Under European data protection law, the controller of your information is JoomlaShine. We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.